Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ryann's First Cake

The snow kept us home again today. I am not complaining at all -- I love being at home, not having anywhere that I have to go, especially when I can look outside and enjoy the beautiful snow! Michael braved the elements and headed in to work, so Ryann and I spent the day trying to find things to do that didn't require leaving the house. It isn't that hard for me to do -- I still have boxes to unpack, decorating to do, cleaning and laundry that I never get caught up on. Ryann, on the other hand, seems to run out of things to do pretty easily, never mind that there is an entire room upstairs devoted solely to her toys. Consequently, I decided today would be a great day to break out that Easy Bake Oven that my sister gave Ryann for Christmas.

I must admit that I was looking just as forward to using the Easy Bake Oven as much as Ryann was! I haven't used one of those since I was probably 10! Though Ryann's had a more modern look, it was basically the same as my old yellow and brown one. I was excited to break out some of the baking supplies that I used to use with my own Easy Bake Oven (hooray for my mom for not throwing them away years ago!!).

Because of Ryann's youth (on the box it says it is for kids "8 and up") and inexperience with baking, I did have to do a bit more than just supervise ("Adult supervision required"); but she appreciated the help and had a great time making her first cake and decorating it with frosting and sprinkles. Her mommy had a pretty good time, too.

Maybe tomorrow we can make sugar cookies... or brownies... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment