Sunday, March 15, 2009

To Kill A Squirrel

Okay, so I don't really want to kill them, I just want them to stay off my birdfeeder. I have literally chased them (I say them because there is more than one, but I don't know exactly how many) off the feeder at least two dozen times over the course of the past 24 hours. They are driving me crazy! Why do I care if they are on my bird feeder, you say? Because they are destroying it, emptying out the contents of it in the process, and when the squirrels come, the birds fly away. (Time out... I just had to get one off AGAIN!) I have polled some friends, and based on those conversations, I think I will head out to get some sort of Nerf gun tomorrow (step one) to shoot at them without killing them (my yelling and clapping of hands don't seem to be very scary to them anymore) (Time out... I had to get one off AGAIN!) Can anyone feel my frustration??????? (Time out... I had to get one off AGAIN!) The only thing that is saving that squirrel from becoming extinct at the moment is the rain.


I will keep you posted... In the meantime, if you're a squirrel lover, thank God for the rain!

5 comments:

  1. You are funny! Get a squirrel proof feeder. They close shut with the squirrel's weight so the birds can get the food but not the squirrels or racoons. It is also fun to watch the squirrels try every trick to try to get the food. Worth the investment! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awful! Those poor squirrels! :) So INAPPROPRIATE! We love the squirrels here! They are happily eating my suet and I am going to buy a squirrel house for them. Send them the message to head over here...We love them! And b/c I have a squirrel proof birdfeeder. And I guess since I am the one that bought you that bird feeder, I should feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is that the gun you bought? I want a REAL picture of "the" gun you purchase. I don't believe you will do it. You are too kind. We greased down our pole with vaseline and it worked for a while. I have pictures of a squirrel hanging upside on our feeder. But, after the greasy pole they left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I will try out the "greasy pole" idea before I fork out the cash for a souped up Nerf gun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, forget all of that - go for the bb gun and get 'em out of there :-)

    ReplyDelete