Friday, February 13, 2009

Angels are Singing

Today is a bittersweet day.

My friend Kristi, 30 years old, mother of three, went home to be with the Lord this morning after a fierce battle with cancer. My heart is broken for her husband and her three young boys, but my soul rejoices that she is singing with the angels right now in the presence of the King! Though I may weep tears of sorrow for this great loss, I will praise my Father in heaven for the opportunity to have known Kristi and to call her my friend. She was a true ambassador for Christ even to her final breath. She was a jewel, and she will be missed by many.

Thank you, Lord, that You are Sovereign and that Your plan is perfect. Kristi's cancer was not a surprise to You, nor was her passing today; and though I do not pretend to understand Your ways, especially in this circumstance, I will trust in You. I know that You are in control of this and every situation. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment